Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Bye bye house

This is our house. It will be demolished within the month.


My husband and I bought this house almost four years ago. It is our first home, where we spent our first years as a married couple, where we spent the first (almost) two years with our first child. It is a place of many special memories.

But it also contains asbestos, too few rooms and lots of other quirks (faults) that mean it's time to move on.

In about two weeks time my husband, daughter and I will be moving home with my parents. I haven't lived with my parents full time for about seventeen years, and needless to say my husband has never lived with them so it's sure to be an interesting experience.

And so starts my new blog - Rebuilding the Roost.

Here I will try to document the trials and tribulations of moving in with the parents, having a second child and building our new home.

Let the fun begin!

2 comments:

  1. And your parents haven't had a child living at home for a long time. Interesting times ahead!

    Fab first post. Pleased you are blogging about the process - it's a valuable family history resource for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't only a post but a lots of useful info. Thanks..



    home additions virginia

    ReplyDelete